Gracias for sharing these... I am going to save them.. and share at CASA Meeting this Sunday. I got one off the top of my head...hold on.. OK... it started going off by itself...
When I want to make God laugh I tell him my well-thought out plans without consulting him! ~~Love Ya, Peta
Email= email@example.com ; wrote:
This was posted on one of my recovery boards. Some are pretty goo.Linda
- Directions to AA: Just go straight to hell and make a u-turn.
- AA: Being a part of something is more important that being the center of attention.
- AA is the only place where you can walk into a room full of strangers and reminisce.
- AA romance.... the odds are good... but the goods are odd.
- AA: Look for a way in; not for a way out.
AA: We are not reformed drunks, but informed alcoholics
- AA has no fixed address -- you can take it with you.
- AA: We are here for a reason, not for the season
- AA Groups: An AA group will be judged by the worst behavior of its members
- Before I came to AA I was dead, but did not know enough to lie down.
- In AA there are no losers -- just slow winners
- Alcoholic (as defined by self): A piece of crap that the universe revolves around.
Alcoholic: Someone who refuses to give up a life of failure without a fight.
- A person who when s/he goes to a wedding, wants to be the bride and when s/he goes to a funeral, wants to be the corpse.
- An alcoholic is someone who wants to be held while isolating.
- Alcoholic: "I may not be much, but I'm all I think about."
- Alcoholic: "If I could drink like a normal drinker, I'd drink all the time!"
- Alcoholics burn their bridges in front of them.
- An alcoholic is someone who finds something that works and then stops doing it.
- If you think that you are an alcoholic, chances are you are.
An alcoholic is a man with two feet planted firmly in mid-air.
- Non-alcoholics change their behavior to meet their goals; alcoholics change their goals to meet their behavior.
An alcoholic can be in the gutter and still look down on people.
- High bottoms have trap doors
If the cure works, chances are you have the disease.
- Three most dangerous words for an alcoholic: "I've been thinking"